• Will Smith’s biggest entrance. Matt Damon’s future pick for Vice President!
• Distraction from the heat? Hallmark’s line of Star Trek themed Christmas ornaments.
• The Solar Impulse sun-powered plane has completed its trip around the world on July 25. It took 17 months.
• Am I Emo? A revisit after 14 years.
• 2016 astronomy photo of the year contest entries. (Run by Royal Observatory Greenwich; 2700 entries in 2015)
• Big bad Russian machine lays down a railroad track. Ties, gravel, the whole works.
• The world isn’t getting worse; our info’s getting better.
• Dangers of the internet of things. (Schneier)
History in the Making | He was mocked for being England’s first umbrella user. (Hated by cab drivers.)
• Story of the guys who started
Zimride Lyft after their first biz fail in 2012.
• Consumer Reports names 15 supplement ingredients to avoid.
<aside> Most of my screen wallpaper is pictures of the great outdoors. Maybe it’s the city living. I wonder: if I lived in the great outdoors, what would my collection look like? Tagged garage doors? Telephone poles festooned with flyers? Does your collection have a theme? </aside>
Facepalm Corner | A lame-ass chemical test found donut glaze to be positive for methamphetamine.