• What Difference Does It Make is an insight-full feature-length film, about the lives of musicians of all stripes, young to old, pro to beginner.
• Suzanne Ciani: Diva of the diode. 60s NY commercial synthesist.
• Over at MeFi, the story of the British EMI label includes a fine link collection to videos illustrating its past 50 years.
• Cooking with wasted food.
“ The nonprofit has rescued excess restaurant, corporate, catering, hotel, hospital and grocery store food for almost 30 years.
• The ground is melting out from under the Alaska Highway, built during WW2.
• Beepi and Carvana: New ways to buy a car … without the dealership!
• Thieves use laptop to steal 30 jeeps and drive them to Mexico.
• Washington State AG goes after Comcast for $100 mill for worthless service plans.
• Famed hacker starts business to grade software on security with his wife, an ex-NSA mathematician.
Oh joy | Batteries on laptops or phones can be used to track their location.
Geek corner | For laughs and memories, I recommend an episode or two of the old TV show Computer Chronicles (started in 1983). (Online resolution is low; you may want to download higher.)
<aside>Things done thousands of years ago that can’t be explained? Some people like to blame aliens. Because? No way some ‘cave man’ was smarter than them. </aside>